Many business owners are extremely busy with managing day-to-day businesses. They typically do not spend sufficient time for improving operational and financial efficiency, transparency and strategic planning.
Key issues and challenges include
- Too busy with day-to-day business - no back-up/ support
- Struggling with upcoming urgencies - no pro-active prevention
- Plateauing or shrinking business - no strategic plan/ positioning
- Miss out on opportunities - not ready or not in the position to seize them
- Underselling business - no lift in value through 'easy fixes' prior to a sale
Due to not having the right set-up and a lack of information/ transparency, some business owners may feel uncomfortable with taking important business decisions. This blockage may even sow doubt whether the business will still be relevant tomorrow.
Whether you actually want to sell your business or not, I firmly believe businesses should be set-up as if they would be for sale.
Being ready for sale means
- you can show you are running a successful business
- you can prove you are in full financial & operational control and
- you can demonstrate your business is future-proof
These are not only critical factors that will be checked by potential acquirers, these are also critical factors for running a future-proof business and create sustainable value.
I'm acting like a specialist conducting a preventative medical surgery, enabling business owners and shareholders to make the right decisions, pro-actively address any upcoming issues and be ready to seize the next opportunity.
My services include:
- Scoping – Identifying current issues & potential threats
- Facilitation – Pro-actively addressing & solving issues identified
- Mentoring - Ongoing support, expert feedback, 'pick-my-brain' sessions
- NED – Non-executive director, representing stakeholder’s interest